Nevsky: Implementation Notes
This implementation and the Nevsky materials on this site are the second edition rules.
Sequence of play changes for expediency:
- One side does all of Feed, Pay, and Disband before next side.
- Russians Feed, Pay, and Disband first after a Russian command card.
- One side does both Wastage and Discard before next side.
- Loser does all their Ending the Battle steps before the victor.
- Crossbow hits are always applied before regular hits when mixed.
Why can't I muster Andreas or Rudolf or Knud & Abel?
Did the Russians play the Dietrich von Grüningen or Valdemar events?
When can I muster Summer Crusaders?
Summer Crusader vassals muster at the end of the Call to Arms step, after Papal Legate.
When can I use Baltic Sea Trade and Black Sea Trade?
The Sea Trade abilities give you Coin at the end of the Call to Arms step, after Novgorod Veche.